Sunday, August 22, 2021

What Have I Gotten Myself Into





 I let the first two posts in this blog because, well it is pretty comical. Let’s fast forward 6 1/2 years and we can see where my life and mindset have completely changed. Enough so that I don’t know my measurements, I can tel you I weigh 150 pounds. You that’s right if you’ve gone back and read the first two post you’ll know that is 25 pounds MORE  then when I was a miserable married mother of 3. Well I’m still married to the same amazing man :) either the same 3 demons foster blessed me with many years ago. The biggest change? I found happiness in myself! Now do I LOVE my muffin top 😂 well no, who the hell loves their muffin top. But I’m stronger mentally and physically then I’ve ever been. 

So you may be wondering, then why the heck did you come back to this blog after more then 6 years? Well a month ago today I committed to something that is likely the craziest thing I have ever done. Decided I was going to run a 50k Ultra. 

 

Yup see this group of ladies right here? None of us had ever met in person before this night! Yet on that napkin is a little contract to run the #archesultra in Moab. 

So as crazy as it seems that night I got home late and went to bed hoping I’d survive work the next morning. After telling my husband what I had committed to doing, I got the shock of my life when he said he wanted to join us! Now keep in mind that I’ve never run in my life….up I am and out of shape, middle aged asthmatic who now is going to do a 50k in 6 months time. 

The first “run” we went on I literally came home crying from. Obviously with a speed like that it was not an actual run. Infact after this I really couldn’t walk much without crying in general. I was certain I had destroyed my knee and hip before I even really got started. One month in the improvements I wouldn’t call MASSIVE by any means! However I have seen marked improvements in my breathing and heart rate, but more importantly the pain!

It is insane to me that both of these are simply walking, nothing more. After this 5 miles yesterday we did 10 today! I’m sore, and yes tired, the the thought of crying never crossed my mind instead it is reaching for that next goal! This week we will be adding in short jogs to make improvements there, and some more core and upper body work which I’ve been told is very important. 

So now you can see why this is titled as it is! I hope you’ll follow me and hopefully encourage us as we take on this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment