Sunday, January 18, 2015

About Me

     Welcome, my name is Mellissa I am 32 years old, married, and a mother to 3 amazing children. It really isn't a secret that in my life I haven't ever been faced with having to worry about my fitness and my health. I guess you can say that I just really wasn't raised with the concern at all. We ate what we wanted, when we wanted to eat it! Now in society I am considered a "thin" person. I am 5'7" tall and weigh in at 127 pounds, and yes I wear a size. So by standards I am skinny, but the one thing I think society really has a hard time focusing on is something men sometimes joke about, size. I think over the course of the last 2 months I have realized more and more that size really doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that I am a size 4 if I can't run 100 feet without being winded. It doesn't matter if I am a size 4 if I can't do a single push-up. It turns out that size really doesn't matter if you aren't fit. I can promise that somewhere out there, there is a size 14 who can out run me, out jump me, and out climb me. Well starting today that is all going to change, today I start my journey to not worry about what size I am, but what my body can do. I hope that you will join me on my journey to health and fitness, and I hope maybe I can inspire you to start your own journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment